Tuesday, September 27, 2011

medical exam!

So today was the infamous medical exam. I had heard really bad things and some not-so-bad things. I am happy to report that it wasn't quite as bad as I had anticipated. First, we got there and took some pictures, then after a 3 minute wait, we were brought upstairs to give blood samples. They usher you right in and waste no time. Praise the Lord they got it on the first try for me, so that was relatively easy. Still gross to watch the blood flow out of you Then we had to give a urine sample, just typical medical stuff. Side note: for bathrooms, it is the typical whole in the ground, bathroom. It is tiled so that is nice, but no toilet bowl. Next, we had to go up a floor and get our eyes checked. My vision is not as good as it used to be. Oh well. After that, I went into a room where the woman did not speak english. She motioned for me to lay down and rubber her hands all over my stomach. It tickled so much! She was laughing at me. I like to think we bonded in that moment. Next, I went to another room entitled surgery. This was the most bizarre moment, they put metal things around one foot and both arms, then proceeded to rub some type of goo on my stomach, and just waited. I just laid there on the table, waiting, while she was just looking at me, also waiting for the test to be done. I was happy to get out of that one. Next, I had an ultra sound, a first for me. I didn't realize they looked more at your rib cage then your stomach. Based on the movies I have seen, I was anticipating the goo to be a little colder than it was, so that was a pleasant surprise. With that, I went to get my x-rays done and now all I have to do is wait for it to come back to I can apply for my work visa in Hong Kong! I am excited that I get to go to Hong Kong and the school is paying. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment