Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The last blog about Christmas.

Okay, so Christmas came and went pretty fast here. It was enjoyable, but I did really miss my family. I love whoever invented skype though, because it was wonderful to open my presents with the fam via skype! It makes the world just a little smaller.

My favorite thing I did over Christmas weekend happen on Christmas eve. Brady set up a movie night with the students and I joined. We watched Santa Claus. Always a good movie. Earlier in the night, the students asked if I wanted to go outside and they mentioned something about flying something...and I was confused. So they invited me to their classroom. I walk in and see red lanterns. You write your hopes and dreams on them, light the bottom on fire, and watch them beautifully disappear into the night sky. They blend in with the stars. I am not trying to sound corny,  but it was really one of the coolest things ever.



You can see my signature!
And there it goes!
I really enjoy that class too, so it made it really fun to do with them. I loved it.
I also got to skype with Kara Koerner on Christmas Eve, so that was fun too!
Christmas morning, I got up and IMMEDIATELY went to my computer. I realized I had told my family I would skype with them at 6pm their time, but for some reason I thought my time. I woke up 20 minutes later than I was supposed to, but thankfully they were still there. I opened my presents and just talked with them. It was wonderful and very much appreciated.
After, Brady, Juhnex, and I had a nice brunch. The rest of the day was pretty much devoted to the Christmas party for the international floor of our school. We sang some Christmas carols, played some games, exchanged Christmas presents, had a talent show, and had some food. It was good.


This is my boss's interpretation of Holiday Spirit.
The whole group. When in doubt, flash a peace sign.
My neighbor and Student, Iris, and her cousin Tiger.
I love that I have a tiger next door to me. 

All in all a nice Christmas! I don't know if I need to do another one without my family, but I am very thankful for the people I have met here.
The next day: back to classes. Chinese people don't even get a day off here. I just got one because I am a foreign teacher. Craziness.
This weekend Brady and I will go to Shanghai, so hopefully that will be a blast!
Hope your Christmas was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment