Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas, classes, and a haircut.

As I start writing this, I am sitting in my room, in my new Chinese pajamas, drinking a cup of decaf coffee, and wearing a very humorous face mask that is supposed to be an exfoliant, but looks more like a hockey mask on me. I thought I would write about a few day to day things.
Firstly, classes are going well. I showed the movie Elf to one of my classes and that was a success. I am enjoying my classes on the international floor. While some days are harder then others depending on the students desire to learn, how many classes I have, or any other factors that go into my day, I am enjoying it. The days I have 5 or 6 classes are harder for me, but definitely still manageable.
One of my classes, Senior 3 (meaning they are in 12th grade) got 4 more boys in it this week. I believe that brings the total up to 12 students. That is by no means a big class, it just means I need to change somethings around.
Senior 2 (11th grade) got one new boy. You would think that adding one person wouldn't really change anything, but when you only have three girls in the class to begin with, adding one person, let alone a boy, changes a lot.
A-level classes are going a lot better! I am enjoying the students a lot more. We are having fun together and learning a lot!
Secondly, Christmas is coming! I got a package in the mail the other day from my lovely mother, and I am SO EXCITED. It has Christmas presents! I really want to open it, but I know that this would make my Christmas less exciting, so that is not going to happen. There are cute stockings too! For Christmas, my boss John, invited Brady and I to a Christmas party on the 23rd. I have no idea who or what it is for, but I am thinking it should be a good time. I'm pretty sure the only reason we were invited is because we are either white or american, maybe both. We also are going to plan a Christmas party for the international students. We are trying to figure out what we will do, but no matter what I think it will be a good time. Also, we are going to have a staff christmas party. I got everyone these cute snowflake boxes that I am going to fill with candy and give to them for their Christmas present. I am really excited! It is nice that I will be busy having fun!  I also decorated my apartment for Christmas.
Thirdly, I got my haircut. By a person that doesn't speak any English. It was humorous. Maybe a little shorter than I wanted, but overall I like it. My roommate and I went together. It was good to have some girl time.
Fourthly, Brady and I went to Shaoxing because he discovered a grocery store with a large amount of international food items! It was really fun! I got some stuff that I would get at home, so that is a treat!
Fifthly, my dad and my brother, Nick, will be here in less than a month! I am SO excited and can't wait for them to get here!!!! We will have such a good time! Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai, watch out! I get three weeks off for the Chinese new year, so it is great that I can have so much time with them!! I seriously can't wait!

Well, that is all on my random thoughts this lovely evening. It hasn't snowed here yet, but I am hoping it will soon. There is frost on the ground every morning, so it kind of seems like snow.

Happy Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment