Thursday, December 29, 2011

Talent Show


Today was fun. We got to skip two of our afternoon classes because there was a talent show going on! There were many different songs, dances, and plays. Brady and I participated in one with our senior students. I was a little nervous because I had to say a phrase in Chinese. There were tons of students there, so it was a little intimidating. After a lot of practice and writing the phrase on my hand, I think it went well. It was really fun to watch the students ‘do their thing’ and enjoy theater so much.

I am pretty tired and really looking forward to my four day weekend coming up! Interesting side note: they don’t really care about new years coming up this weekend since they follow the lunar calendar, so I am not sure there will be anything going on for new years here.  The good news is my dad and brother will be here for the Chinese New Year. Apparently you don’t sleep at all because there are fireworks continually going off. Not surprising at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment